24 April 2010

Grape juice and ginger ale

Real grape juice mixed half-and-half with Canada Dry ginger ale ranks in my top 5 favourite soft drinks. I'm enjoying some now as I blog. Others in the top 5 include Orangina, exotic root beers, President's Choice Peach White Grape juice, and chocolate milk. I recommend PC White Grape & Peach juice because it is not loaded with refined sugar and it is not mixed with apple juice; one cup also provides 100% of your DV of Vitamin C. Most of the 100% real juice blends use apple juice as the base, because it is cheap and flavours can layer on top of it without being lost in the mix. Apple juice is so acidic, however, that I have to avoid drinking it most of the time: I am a sensitive flower. That adorable pot-bellied Orangina bottle fills me with joy when I see it; how attached I am to a simple container of juice.
Searching for this image, I came across the Orangina.com website, and they have recipes for not-soft drinks on there -- what a brilliant idea; this one sounds delicious. I may have to buy some Orangina and try some of these cocktails. If anyone is ever wondering what to get me for a present (not that I'm hinting here, or, maybe I am), consumables are the way to go (I have a very tiny house), and I adore small-batch or non-Canadian root beers. I rarely make it to the US by car, but when I do, I always stop at a grocery store on the way back and pick up at least 4 different kinds of root beer. Back to the grape juice and ginger ale: that was a drink my mother always made for parties or any number of guests, even one. I don't make it very often because I like it to remain a special treat, and when I do imbibe many pleasant childhood memories are brought into focus. Almost everyone who tries that mix loves it. If you've gotta drink soft, might as well be special.
Short blog tonight, kinda tired; just wanted to share a favourite sipper and recommend a couple products: Orangina and PC Peach, definitely the way to go.

No comments: