17 March 2010

Choosing the name

After saying how much I enjoyed a friend's blog, she said "You should blog too."
That was about four months ago; I took that long to come up with the name of my blog. I found the name today, and was excited by it, so of course I Googled the title "Ice Cream for Breakfast," hoping, yearning for it to be somewhat original; alas, it already belongs to a book. After discussing the quandary with another friend, I decided to cleave to the name that had burst into my brain after making a smoothie for my morning meal today, the name that filled me with anticipation when I thought of assigning it to my blog. So, here it is, Alice's blog, "Ice Cream for Breakfast."
The smoothie that inspired this title was made with vanilla ice cream, peaches, frozen blueberries, milk, and one over-ripe banana. Although I've been all growed up for many many (many!) years, I still get a rush from eating what I want to whenever I want to, something I couldn't do as a child. Another favourite is that every summer, we have one big strawberry shortcake feed as the only item on the menu: dessert for supper, ah, that's nice. It's the little things.
A couple tidbits about me: I am a 40-ish professional editor who enjoys eating and Xboxing, cooking and reading, dog-walking and badminton. My parents nicknamed me Alice when I was a kid, so I thought it would work as a moniker for a blog. Mostly this blog will comprise short essays, recipes, ramblings, karaoke reports, and general giddiness. More soon.

No comments: