22 March 2010

My teenage heart writes poems

Sometimes I write poems; I wake up with them fully formed and running circles inside my brain. They scream sappy, sentimental teenager publishing in the high school yearbook, but I can't get them out of my head until I write them down. They might sound better if I had the nerve to read them out loud because they're sort of beatnik-y in their rhythms, and they never ever rhyme, so its the mood in the voice that I hear in my head when I'm typing them.
My blog, a great place to let it all hang out, literally and literarily.


"Give me a kiss," by Alice

Give me a kiss.
Not that open-lipped, too many teeth, talking about your workday while I lean in kind of kiss.
Give me a gift
that is all of you
part of you
almost too much of you
to take.
Gift me a kiss
that takes all of your mind, your person to form.
Kiss me with your thoughts not just your lips.

1 comment:

Sonya said...

I dig your teenage heart! Actually, I don't think it sounds teenage-y at all. I'd love to hear you read it aloud.

hah, 'literally and literarily' ♥ it!